The answers – along with links (in some cases) to more details.
1. At the end of WWII which group of pilots unnerved German infantrymen so badly they were called the Nachthexen?
a. American Red Tails
b. British RAF
c. A group of barely trained Russian women flying crop dusters.
2. Who owns 84% of Nevada?
a. Federal Government
b. The casinos
c. Howard Hughes’ estate
3. Prostitution is legal in Nevada (this is a trick question).
4. The legend of the Giant Red Haired Cannibals is no legend at all according to :
a. The journals of legendary scout Kit Carson
b. Life Among the Piutes by Sarah Winnemucca
c. Mark Twain’s autobiography
5. The Giant Red Haired Cannibals are theorized to have been:
a. Russians who migrated centuries ago across the Bering Strait and kept going south until they found a hospitable climate
d. Yetis (Big Foot, Sasquatch, etc.)
e. All of the above
6. Halloween is important to Nevada because:
a. Pumpkins are its major cash crop.
b. On October 31,1864 Nevada was admitted to the union.
c. It’s Alien Appreciation Day in Nevada
7. Bat Guano is used in the following ways:
c. Laundry detergent
d. All of the above
e. What the heck is bat guano?